Each person’s set of assigned tasks will appear in their My Tasks list.
Assign a Task
Using the people picker
To assign a task:
- Select the task
- Click the Add a user text box
- Start typing the name of the user you want to add as assignee
- Select a user from the suggestions that are shown
To remove someone from the list of assignees:
- Hover over the user you want to remove
- Click the X button that appears
If you remove all assignees, the task will be listed as unassigned. This is useful if you don't who will become responsible for a task or if you want to offer a list of tasks to your team members that they can pick when they have time available. When a user picks a task he or she assigns it to himself.
Using drag & drop
You can assign a task to a user by means of drag & drop as well:
- Change the grouping of your task list to By Assigned To using the group by selector
- Drag a task from one group to another group to change the assignee of the task